REAL ESTATE INVESTOR SERIES NOVEMBER EDITION (REIS 3.0)
This series is been held in collaboration with the Association of Corporate Trustees and aims at deepening the knowledge base of home buyers and real estate investors by illuminating on the role of wills, trusts & letters of administration when purchasing property and estate planning amongst others.
Theme: UNDERSTANDING THE ROLE OF WILLS, TRUSTS & LETTERS OF ADMINISTRATION WHEN PURCHASING PROPERTY & ESTATE PLANNING FOR PROPERTY OWNERS.
Date: 22nd November 2019 Time: 9:00AM
Venue: Agip Hall, Muson Centre Onikan Lagos
The following pain points experienced by current and prospective property owners will be disscussed:
1. Estate Planning from a property owner’s perspective. Ways and structures in which Property can be held and transferred to benefeciaries.
2. Wills and Letter of Administration: Their roles and signi?cance in protecting property rights and intention of deceased property owners. Difference between a Will and A Letter of Administration. Who are Executors, Administrators, Trustees?
3. Living Trusts and Avoidance of Inheritance Tax to reduce financial liability on bene?ciaries. Avoiding the cumbersome and expensive probate process. Easing the transfer of property to a minor and protecting the rights of the minor
4. Purchasing a property owned by a deceased person- the dos and don’t of buying or investing in property held in an estate.
5. The significance of a Vesting Deed and Deed of Assent to a layman purchasing property derived from an estate of a deceased person
6. The role of the Probate Registry and Lands Registry as custodians of wills and vesting deeds/deeds of assent respectively and grant of Letters of Administration.
Our speakers from Corporate trustees companies, top tier Law firms, Lagos State Lands Registry and Lagos State Probate Registry will provide clarification to participants’ questions and past experiences
Registration fee: N10,000.
To reserve a seat click: www.reis.kparkwood.com/reserve
For more enquiries and advert placement kindly call 081-7222-2014 (Whatsapp), 081-7222-2015 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.